The Latino time-honored cultural tradition of a girl’s transition to womanhood is recognized through a Quinceanera celebration.
As a girl turns 15, not only is she celebrating her birthday, but she is also publicly acknowledging accountability for her walk with God.
It is what we know as a Sweet 16 in the USA.
We need to pray daily for our teens and for a young girl’s public commitment to live a life reflective of Christ.
Pray for her as she publicly steps forward in faith and follows God’s teachings.
#1 Prayer For Quinceañera
Thank you for (name) and for this time of joy and celebration on her Quinceañera. It is such an inspiration to see a young adult willfully choose to follow you.
Please surround her with your hand of protection as she steps forward to live the life you have placed before her. May you be the lamp to light her path. Guide her and instruct her. Help her to feel your presence and encourage her heart daily.
Your word is a lamp to my feetAnd a light to my path. Psalm 119:105
I pray that you would use her as a vessel to reach the lost and to share the Gospel. Make her bold in her witness removing all fear and anxiety.
Father, I pray over each element of her celebration adornment and that she remembers the symbolism behind each one.
- May she remember that the Bible she carries upon her Quinceanera be a reminder to keep your Word close to her heart and follow it daily.
- May she remember that her tiara symbolizes that you shall place a greater crown on her head in heaven. Here on Earth she is a princess of God.
- May she remember that her earrings are a reminder that she listens for your voice and follow your teachings.
- May she remember that her necklace is a reminder of this special celebration that is centered around her faith in you.
- May she remember that her beautiful dress enrobes her in your protection so she may lead a life to serve you.
- May she remember that her ring is symbolic of her purity and commitment to leading a life that honors you.
It is not easy being a teen in today’s world. Furthermore, when a teen chooses to follow Christ, others ridicule them for being ‘less than normal.’
Father, I pray that you will transform her heart and that she will repent and confess of sin in her life. May she come to know you as her personal savior.
Give her a passion to fellowship and with other believers. Equip her to have discernment against false teachings. I pray that she would seek the advice of elders and be humble in accepting Godly direction from other believers.
Give her the strength to resist temptation and to stand firmly against peer pressure. May all relationships she develops with others be healthy and pure. Let her stand out to the whole world as she embraces her faith in you no matter the cost.
May she be a light that shines in the darkness. I pray all of these things in Jesus’ precious name, Amen.
#2 Prayer For Quinceañera
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
Thank you for (girl’s name) and for this time of celebration in her life.
I pray that she would glorify you in all that she does and that you will give her wisdom and guidance to maneuver her way through the world.
Father, please protect her and help her by lighting her path.
Give her the burning desire to serve you.
Protect her and everyone here at this time of joy and festivities.
Thank you, Lord, for I pray these things in Jesus’ holy name – Amen.