“She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.”
Do you want to shine like a diamond?
Can you picture yourself with a beautiful gown on that shimmers with beauty?
You have lovely pearls hanging around your neck that have a presence of classic elegance.
Fine hand-woven delicate lace drapes over your shoulders, giving you an overall appearance of regality. Those who see you are in awe of your beauty and angelic demeanor.
As little girls, we had dreams of pretty dresses and jewelry. Playing dress-up in our childhood was reminiscent of trying to achieve such a look.
As grown women and daughters of the King, what do we do now to achieve this look? Do we strive for outward beauty that catches the attention of others?
One such woman that shines like a diamond is the Proverbs 31:25 woman. The beauty she has within exudes outward for all to notice and admire. God desires us to be this woman.
“She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.” Proverbs 31:25
What is a Proverbs 31:25 Woman Like?
She rises in the morning with a joyful heart knowing the day ahead and all of the tomorrows are taken care of. “God’s got this,” she thinks to herself.
Before beginning her day, she spends time in prayer.
“God, please equip me to be the Godly woman you desire me to be today. Father, help me to be the best wife I can be today and help me to be a blessing for my husband. Bathe my spirit in peace and wash away any anxiety the day may bring. For I pray these things in your heavenly name – amen.”
After her morning prayer, the rush of the morning routine commences. Breakfast, packing lunches, driving kids to school, and getting to work on time occurs within a two-hour period.
Leaving work just before school lets out to pick up the kids and back home is the afternoon routine.
She tidies up the house, helps with homework, and prepares dinner. A few loads of laundry goes in here and there.
She stands in front of a pile of dishes and a dirty kitchen feeling exhausted.
Instead of resentment, she feels the blessing of having those dishes to do, the clothes to wash, the husband to cook for and the kids to raise.
Her heart fills with joy as she hears her husband and kids laughing in the family room.
After the dishes are done and a few loads of laundry, she heads to the family room to join them. She snuggles in next to her husband. He lovingly looks at her and tells her that she is one of the best blessings God has given him.
She tucks the kids into the bed, and she heads to bed herself. Before bed, she kneels with her husband as they have their daily bedtime prayer together.
As she lays her head down on the pillow, she thinks to herself how happy she is. She drifts off into a peaceful sleep as the next morning awaits with the same routine.
What we don’t include in the above woman’s daily routine are the stacks of bills she has to handle daily from her medical bills. Those bills were from her miscarriage a few months ago. She and her husband are unable to pay most of them. Her faith and trust in God to help them is strong.
Abundant peace fills her soul to the point that she knows those bills are going to get paid.
Although the miscarriage was a tough season in her life, she knows God is in control. He has made a path for her through the pain of loss. She finds her strength through Him.
Her children are reminders that she has blessings right in front of her.
Her life had the appearance of being neat, tidy, and happy until the underlying current of medical bills and loss was brought into the picture.
Regardless, she chooses joy and finds joy and her strength through God and her walk with Him. God enables her to be the beautiful Proverbs 31:25 woman who wears clothing of joy, strength, courage, and peace.
What are the Traits of a Proverbs 31:25 Woman?
A Proverbs 31:25 woman has a beauty that comes from being clothed with finely woven threads of strength, honor, joy, confidence, and peace.
- She is courageous and does not fear for she knows the Almighty Father carries her through whatever she faces in life.
- She has resolve and always seeks to find the solution to a problem through prayer.
- Her peace defies all odds because she lays her worries at the feet of Jesus.
- She anticipates the future with confidence because she knows God is in control.
- Joy fills her heart so fully that it feels like it will burst! Joy comes from the peace God covers her with.
- She places her complete trust in God for every part of her life.
- She dresses herself in the armor of God every morning before tackling the day.
- She saturates herself in the Holy Word, reading the Bible daily.
Applying Proverbs 31:25 To Your Own Life
As wives, mothers, and career women, we all encounter the daily struggle of keeping things together.
Juggling what life throws at us amidst raising children, maintaining a home, being a helpmate to our husband, and working a job is tough!
Finding joy through all of this is a challenge.
To add fuel to that fire of the daily challenges, suffering from other issues (medical, loss, financial, etc.) puts us at risk of fear, anxiety, and resentment or anger.
You CAN overcome the hurdles that fill your life and each day so you can become that Proverbs 31:25 woman.
- If you don’t know Christ as your personal savior, give your life to Him.
- Spend time in prayer and in the Word.
- As soon as you feel doubt, worry, or anger, give it to God. Don’t hold it in, release it to Him. The mere out loud utterance of, “I trust in you Jesus” is powerful and breaks any anxiety that satan tries to place upon you.
- Honor God in all that you do. You can honor Him in even the simplest things.
- If your husband leaves a shirt on the floor, does that anger you and are you tempted to just leave it there for him to pick up? Instead of that mindset, you can pick up the shirt out of love for your husband. You are honoring both God and your husband by doing this.
- When you on the road in your car driving and someone cuts you off, instead of feeling angry and resorting to gestures or words that are ungodly, stop yourself and pray for that person. This defeats satan and turns his attempt to cause you to sin completely upside down.
Redress, Rethink, Rejoice
Redress yourself in the clothing of a Proverbs 31:25 woman. Your beauty will grow and be so radiant others will begin to notice. Most importantly, God will revel in the changes in you.
Rethink your actions and thoughts and align them with honoring God. These subtle changes will be the pearls that adorn the clothing of your new Proverbs 31:25 image.
Rejoice in being able to have freedom from anxiety. Let God handle things. He’s got your back.
The joy, confidence, and peace you will have will sit upon your shoulders as a finely tatted lace shawl. This shawl will give you warmth against the chills of worry or fear.
Imagine yourself standing in front of a mirror; all dressed in these beautiful things. Be the shining diamond God intended you to be!