This dessert looks and tastes amazing.
This wholesome parfait is made with berries, cashews, cinnamon and coconut milk. This flavor combination is perfect.
The best bit is that you can prepare it the night before, then in the morning do all the assembling.
1 cup raw cashews soaked
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 tbs cinnamon
2 tbs honey
2 cups berries(Blackberry, Blueberry, Cranberry, Strawberry, Raspberries)
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp lemon juice
¾ cup toasted and chopped cashews
How to make the ‘cheesecake’?
- Soak cashews in water for 8 hours (overnights).
- Drain, rinse and shake dry. Blend cashews in a food processor until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend again.
- Taste and adjust for sweetness.
How to make the berries jam:
- Cook your berries of choice (Blackberry, Blueberry, Cranberry, Strawberry,Raspberries) in a saucepan over medium heat until they begin to break down, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and honey as sweetener.
- Using the back of a spoon, break up the fruit and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
How to make the crust?
- To toast the cashews: preheat oven to 350ºF. Spread the raw cashews on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes. Stir with a cooking spoon every 2 -3 minutes. Do not leave unattended because nuts can burn easily. Allow to cool.
- Place the cashews on a cutting board, line them up and start chopping them up and down with a knife.
To assemble, for example:
- In the bottom of one parfait glass add some of the cheesecake filling on top then add 1/4 of the berries jam.
- Top with some more cheesecake filling then another 1/4 berries jam. Garnish with cinnamon.
- Repeat with another parfait glass.
- Chill for at less 3 hours.